About the Job — Senior Service Designer
We are looking for a Service Designer who will drive the service design processes in our strategic design projects and use service design practices to amplify the value of human experiences.
We’re looking for a seasoned designer who draws upon empathy and deep user/beneficiary understanding through research and team input. This role focuses on generating service concepts that enable seamless, fluid, relevant, and engaging experiences.
As a Senior Service Designer at ATÖLYE, you will support the planning, delivery, and execution of client projects to achieve outcomes using the full range of design research and service design skill sets, tools, and mindsets; collaborating across disciplines to create successful user experiences via research, synthesis, ideation, prototyping, and testing.
In this role, you will work with multidisciplinary designers and researchers, UX & UI designers, and architects to participate in business development and also internal innovation practices. You will be expected to contribute to the overall success of our clients, our people, and business.
- Translating project goals and objectives into seamless experiences.
- Researching customer/user behaviors, interpreting data and qualitative feedback into insights, turning insights into value-adding experiences and actionable deliverables.
- Creating user stories, personas, journeys, storyboards, and service blueprints.
- Designing and prototyping digital or physical touchpoints through the customer/user journey.
- Validating concepts with end-users.
- Facilitating conversations with stakeholders and effectively communicating outputs.
- 5+ years of professional working experience in designing products, services, and experiences from research to implementation.
- Expertise in understanding and executing human-centered design methods.
- A strong understanding of service design principles and creative outputs of service design.
- Expertise in design research planning, execution, synthesis, and visualization of the outcomes.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and visualizing service concepts.
- Expert-level facilitation skills in both digital or physical contexts.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Mural, Miro, Figma, and others.
- A strong portfolio of previous work, deliverables, and clients.
- Advanced-level fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- A degree in Industrial Design, Service Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design, or related fields.
- Experience in lean design documentation for multiple audiences.
- Strategic storytelling skills to present findings, concepts, and designs in an engaging and activating way.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and innovation frameworks.