Visual Communications Designer
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modeling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work, and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a “growth mindset” in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around the notion of an individual’s journey in relation to a community.
Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member. Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community that consists of creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the job—Visual Communications Designer
At ATÖLYE, we’re working on human-centered strategic design projects that aim to create long term value. Each project marks a new chapter in our story; spanning the early research phase to the implementation of design practices such as service, product, and architecture.
Storytelling is a critical element of our processes. It helps us capture the essence of work and communicate its meaning to multiple stakeholders locally and abroad. We are expanding our “Communications” team and looking for a visual communications designer who has experience in creative storytelling and creating compelling visuals.
- Working alongside a team of designers and strategists, shaping the visual communication processes of projects.
- Developing ideas for visual storytelling elements that will align with the goals of the project and convey its narrative across a variety of printed and/or digital touchpoints such as environments, publications, websites, newsletters, and social media.
- Communicating high-level design concepts effectively.
- 3+ years of experience in brand design, graphic design, or art direction
- Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design or other related fields
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong typography, layout and conceptual skills
- High command of software such as the Adobe CC Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Figma, Google Slides and Keynote
- Familiarity with print production techniques
- A solid understanding of brand and identity systems
- Professional proficiency in English
- Skills in illustration and motion graphics, and a basic familiarity with user interface design would be a plus
As part of the application process, you will be expected to provide an up to date portfolio of your work. Applicants who do not provide a portfolio will not be considered for this position.
Preferred skills and qualities
- An interest in human-centered design, design-oriented thinking, and bringing strategy into action
- Having strong self-expression and storytelling skills
What Do We Offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, life insurance, and meal card
- Annual bonus distributed monthly
A Note Regarding Job Location
ATÖLYE has two hubs in Istanbul and Dubai that houses its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. Meanwhile, we regularly organize in-person events and gatherings for our team and community in order to foster physical interactions.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Visual Communications Designer