Senior UI Designer
Istanbul / Remote
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modelling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the Job—Senior UI Designer
ATÖLYE Istanbul is searching for a UI Designer who creates engaging, usable, and effective visual solutions to achieve user centered goals within a multidisciplinary team. As a UI Designer at ATÖLYE you get to design solutions for a diversity of industries, mediums and scales. We would love to hear from candidates who have turned wireframes/prototypes into visual designs that are both user friendly and adhere to brand. Who have participated in the creation of prototypes to illustrate a design and validated the effectiveness of designs through research and usability studies in collaboration across disciplines.
- 5+ years of professional working experience, with knowledge in both visual communications design and user experience design methodology
- Expert understanding and application of user-centered design methods
- Possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles
- Have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Figma (preferred), Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Fluent in English
Preferred skills and qualities
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design or related fields is preferred.
- Experience with simple and clear design documentation for multiple audiences (designers, developers, product owners and other stakeholders).
- Experience with creating and sustaining Design Systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Work with Design Lead to bring concepts to life
- Proactively contribute to the creative output of the team
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Work with different levels of prototyping tools such as Principle (preferred), Invision or Framer.
- Work with multiple form factors – not limited to web, desktop, mobile apps etc.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s has two spaces that houses its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until October 2021 and in a hybrid fashion following that date.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Senior UI Designer
Istanbul / Remote