Senior Service Designer
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modelling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a growth mindset in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around a 21st-century notion of the individual’s journey in relation to a community.
Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member. Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community that houses creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the Job — Senior Service Designer, Strategic Design Studio
We are looking for a Service Designer who will drive the service design processes in our strategic design projects and use service design practices to amplify the value of human experiences.
We’re looking for a seasoned designer who draws upon empathy and deep user/beneficiary understanding through research and team input. This role focuses on generating service concepts that enable seamless, fluid, relevant, and engaging experiences.
As a Senior Service Designer at ATÖLYE, you will support the planning, delivery, and execution of client projects to achieve outcomes using the full range of design research and service design skill sets, tools, and mindsets; collaborating across disciplines to create successful user experiences via research, synthesis, ideation, prototyping, and testing.
In this role, you will work with multidisciplinary designers and researchers, UX & UI designers, and architects to participate in business development and also internal innovation practices. You will be expected to contribute to the overall success of our clients, our people, and business.
- Translating project goals and objectives into seamless experiences.
- Researching customer/user behaviors, interpreting data and qualitative feedback into insights, turning insights into value-adding experiences and actionable deliverables.
- Creating user stories, personas, journeys, storyboards, and service blueprints.
- Designing and prototyping digital or physical touchpoints through the customer/user journey.
- Validating concepts with end-users.
- Facilitating conversations with stakeholders and effectively communicating outputs.
- 5+ years of professional working experience in designing products, services, and experiences from research to implementation.
- Expertise in understanding and executing human-centered design methods.
- A strong understanding of service design principles and creative outputs of service design.
- Expertise in design research planning, execution, synthesis, and visualization of the outcomes.
- Demonstrated excellence in developing and visualizing service concepts.
- Expert-level facilitation skills in both digital or physical contexts.
- Proficiency in industry-standard design and prototyping tools such as Mural, Miro, Figma, and others.
- A strong portfolio of previous work, deliverables, and clients.
- Advanced-level fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- A degree in Industrial Design, Service Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communication Design, or related fields.
- Experience in lean design documentation for multiple audiences.
- Strategic storytelling skills to present findings, concepts, and designs in an engaging and activating way.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and innovation frameworks.
What do we offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, meal card, and year-end bonus
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE’s has two spaces that houses its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until October 2021 and in a hybrid fashion following that date.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Senior Service Designer