Senior Communications Associate
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modeling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work, and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a “growth mindset” in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around the notion of an individual’s journey in relation to a community.
Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member. Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community which consists of creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the job – Senior Communications Associate
At ATÖLYE, we put great effort into the dissemination of information to flow in and out with transparency. Identifying as a “membrane organization,” we also place great importance on transferring the knowledge generated within our team and community to our many audiences. The role of the Senior Communications Associate is to be the agent of this two-way flow of information, becoming an inward-looking and outward-facing figure, capture the stories and opportunities that take place within the organization and relay these to ATÖLYE’s diverse audience.
Qualities and Experiences
- At least 3 years of experience in communications—preferably in a strategy or design consultancy.
- Native or near-native fluency in English.
- Ability to create compelling narratives and exciting copy.
- Ability to manage complexity in multiple streams of work at a time.
What makes you an ideal candidate:
- You have impeccable attention to detail and perfect grammar skills in English so you can infuse communication with language-specific nuances.
- You are an autodidact who is always eager to learn new skills. When faced with a new challenge, you apply your research skills and care to figure it out, although you’re humble enough to ask for help when needed.
- You are practical; although it may offend your artistic sensibilities at times, you know when perfection is the enemy of good.
- Creating and sharing content on a regular basis on all communication channels (website, newsletter, social media, and others). This includes generating content for the entirety of ATÖLYE’s practices and initiatives (including client projects, events, thought-leadership pieces, community projects, internal initiatives, etc.).
- Managing ATÖLYE’s web presence and taking on the ownership of the content management of ATÖLYE’s multiple websites.
- Taking ownership of the award application processes, facilitating the award application and production processes.
- Managing ATÖLYE’s social media presence, social campaigns, paid ads. With a strategic outlook, constantly experimenting with new formats and content types in order to provide authentic and insightful content for ATÖLYE’s audiences.
- Managing the coordination and execution of videography and photography projects.
- Supporting the strategy, content generation, and production of ATÖLYE’s newsletters.
- Carrying out the media communication processes (to write, service, and follow-up press releases) for projects, events, and collaborations.
- Carrying out communication with collaborators.
- Facilitation skills; experience in designing workshops, meetings, co-design sessions.
- Experience with project management practices and familiarity with digital tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp.
- Basic understanding of design software such as Figma, Sketch, or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography/videography skills and production experience are a plus.
When you apply
Don’t forget to include a cover letter and writing samples in both languages. For this role, in particular, we’re especially looking for a demonstration of writing skills.
What we offer
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work on strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, life insurance, and meal card
- Annual bonus, distributed monthly
A note regarding job location
ATÖLYE has two hubs in Istanbul and Dubai that house its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. Meanwhile, we regularly organize in-person events and gatherings for our team and community in order to foster physical interactions.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Senior Communications Associate