Recruitment and Engagement Associate (Senior Community Curator)
ATÖLYE (founded in 2013) is a community-powered creative services organization that provides services to both clients and creative professionals globally. ATÖLYE consists of a Strategic Design Studio, an Academy, a Creative Hub, and a Ventures arm.
ATÖLYE’s Strategic Design Studio works with companies to design and implement strategic solutions to the complex challenges they face. The Academy offers learning programs that equip individuals and teams with skills in creative leadership, radical collaboration, and systemic design. The Ventures arm offers enterprise entrepreneurship programs through business modeling, and finally, the Creative Hub creates the environment for each of these components to interact by fostering a community of over 150+ multi-disciplinary creatives who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work.
In April 2019, ATÖLYE joined the kyu Collective (kyu.com), a collective of the leading creative organizations in the world whose purpose is to be a source of creativity that propels the economy and society forward.
Our “Guiding Principles”
We curate diligently so we can better co-create.
We make informed decisions about the people we invite in, the projects we work on, and the organizations we collaborate with. They come in different shapes, sizes, and colors but they share one important trait: An insatiable desire to better themselves and the communities that surround them.
We live, work, and learn in a constant state of flow.
Our system has ill-defined boundaries by design, which allows for a steady flow of people, ideas, and perspectives. Our processes expand and contract to adapt to situations as needed, meaning we are always pushing the limits of our permeability—across geographies, projects, and industries.
We grow individually to mature as a whole.
We are committed to nourishing the notion of a “growth mindset” in a holistic way. We are invested in the development of individuals and organizations by co-creating the necessary tools, methods, and environments that allow us to continuously shift and grow together.
About the ATÖLYE Community
We are a community-centric organization. This means that our approach spearheads community-centered thinking in design and gravitates around the notion of an individual’s journey in relation to a community.
Every ATÖLYE team member, by default, is an ATÖLYE community member. Once you are a team member, you will be part of the ATÖLYE Community that consists of creative individuals and teams who aspire to connect, learn, and grow around purpose-driven work while having the opportunity to participate in community events, rituals, and social activities.
About the Job — Recruitment and Engagement Associate (Community Curator)
Community is at the heart of everything we do at ATÖLYE and we put a lot of time and energy into growing and maintaining a balanced and diverse member base – which includes our own team members, freelance creatives, small businesses, and clients. Our spaces and experiences form a fertile environment for meaningful interaction between members, which often leads to unexpected collaborations and friendships.
We are looking for a passionate connector and systems thinker who will sit at the core of our member curation process and be responsible for overseeing and advancing ATÖLYE’s community model with a fresh, creative, and dynamic outlook.
Member Recruitment & Matching
- Actively scouting candidates to be part of ATÖLYE’s community according to the curation criteria by utilizing various mediums; attracting potential talent both at local and international levels.
- Being responsible for members’ end-to-end journeys, starting from the first point of contact, conducting interviews to all the way to the progression of their journeys as community members.
- Developing strategies to ensure engagement between community members initiating related activities and events.
- Acting as a connector between community members and project leads in the teaming process of ATÖLYE’s projects and programs, responding effectively to the varying teaming needs by match the appropriate candidates from the community.
- Working closely with the People & Culture, Project Operations (PrOps), and TechOps teams in order to streamline the processes of members who collaborate in projects, programs, or thought leadership activities.
- Monitoring the journey of each individual in the community and tracking mobilization metrics, performance evaluations, feedback/reviews for the collaborators that take part in projects, programs, or thought leadership activities.
Member Experience & Development
- Developing online and offline membership models, matching the existing models with new audiences through different value propositions.
- Designing and managing member experiences, both online and offline.
- Curating, designing, and hosting community events, both online and offline. Overseeing the diversity of activities within the themes of connection, learning & development, and working.
- Handling outreach and relationship management for strategic partnerships (event partners, perk partners, etc..)
- Contributing to thought leadership around community-led innovation and the future of community at ATÖLYE.
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a related domain (talent development, human resources consultancy, community management)
- Having the enthusiasm to bring together and connect people
- Having the ability to see the big picture and strategically respond to varying talent needs
- Following the most recent trends in talent development and community curation
- Impeccable follow-up and coordination skills
- Feeling comfortable with interactions in different settings such as presentations, workshops, interviews, and meetings
- Teamwork predisposition
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication in Turkish and English
Preferred Skills and Qualities
- Excellent storytelling and strategic thinking skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience in recruitment and talent matchmaking processes
- An optimistic attitude and the willingness to embrace ambiguity
- Strong self-expression and communication skills
- Strong motivation to interact with people on a daily basis to achieve shared goals
- Using Google Suite products for collaborative teamwork and organizing documents
- Experience in digital project management and communication tools such as Mailchimp and Asana
What Do We Offer?
- An inspiring and dynamic workspace as part of an interdisciplinary community
- The opportunity to work in strategic projects with leading institutions in Turkey and beyond
- A transdisciplinary workflow that promotes constant learning
- Private health insurance, life insurance, and meal card
- Annual bonus distributed monthly
A Note Regarding Job Location
ATÖLYE’s has two spaces in Istanbul and Dubai that houses its core team and its community. However, since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, ATÖLYE has adopted a hybrid way of working where team members can choose to work remotely and visit the ATÖLYE spaces when their physical presence is necessary. This model has enabled the ATÖLYE team to relocate to various cities around the world without skipping a beat in teamwork and day-to-day activities. In line with this model, ATÖLYE will be operating remote-first until October 2021 and in a hybrid fashion following that date.
Throughout the entire job application process, ATÖLYE does not discriminate against individuals directly or indirectly based on language, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parenthood, childcare, age, HIV status, disability, political opinion, philosophical belief, religion and sect, or similar reasons. ATÖLYE provides suitable working conditions obligating employees to behave equally among teammates and complies with the principle of equality which is embedded in its organizational policy.
Recruitment and Engagement Associate (Senior Community Curator)